Schazoo Pharmaceuticals (Pvt) Ltd
Children & Adults
Every 8 hours
The dosage of Aproxen Ds Tablet depends on the child's age, weight, and the severity of the condition being treated. The usual dosage is 550 milligrams (mg) once or twice a day. The maximum daily dose is 1100 mg.
- Aproxen Ds Tablet is taken by mouth and should be swallowed whole with water. It can be taken with or without food.
- It is important to note that not everyone who takes naproxen will experience side effects. If you are concerned about the possible side effects of naproxen, talk to your doctor.
Aproxen Ds Tablet Uses
It is used to treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Menstrual cramps
- Migraine headaches
Common side effects:
- Stomach upset
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ears
Serious side effects:
- Stomach bleeding
- Liver damage
- Kidney damage
- Heart attack
Some of the medicines that can interact with naproxen include:
- Blood thinners: Naproxen can increase the risk of bleeding if taken with blood thinners, such as warfarin or clopidogrel.
- Corticosteroids: Naproxen can increase the risk of stomach bleeding if taken with corticosteroids, such as prednisone.
- Diuretics: Naproxen can increase the risk of kidney damage if taken with diuretics, such as furosemide.
- Lithium: Naproxen can increase the level of lithium in the blood, which can lead to toxicity.
- Methotrexate: Naproxen can increase the risk of liver damage if taken with methotrexate.
- NSAIDs: Naproxen can increase the risk of stomach bleeding if taken with other NSAIDs, such as ibuprofen or aspirin.
- Warfarin: Naproxen can increase the risk of bleeding if taken with warfarin.
How does Aproxen DS Tab work?
Aproxen DS Tab works by reducing inflammation and pain. Inflammation is the body's natural response to injury or infection. It is characterized by redness, swelling, heat, and pain. Naproxen works by blocking the production of certain chemicals that cause inflammation and pain.
What are the precautions for Aproxen DS Tab?
You should not take Aproxen DS Tab if you are allergic to naproxen or any other NSAIDs.
Here are some additional precautions for Aproxen DS Tab:
* Tell your doctor if you have any other medical conditions, such as liver or kidney disease, heart disease, or stomach ulcers.
* Do not drink alcohol while taking Aproxen DS Tab.
* Get regular blood tests to check your liver and kidney function while taking Aproxen DS Tab.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking Aproxen DS Tab.
Is Aproxen DS Tab available over-the-counter?
No, Aproxen DS Tab is a prescription medicine and should only be taken under the supervision of a doctor.