Corinef Syp 100Mg 5Ml 30Ml is an antibiotic suspension, that incorporates the strength of Cefixime, a third-generation cephalosporin. Designed to tackle a wide range of bacterial infections.
Cefixime works by interrupting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, leading to the death of the bacteria. It's effective against conditions such as otitis media, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, and urinary tract infections, among others.
- It's imperative to administer Corinef Syp as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- The dosage typically hinges on the patient's age, weight, the severity of the infection, and the type of bacteria causing the infection.
- Ensure the suspension is stored in a cool, dry place, sheltered from direct light.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Before starting Corinef Syp, inform your doctor about any allergies or if you have a history of kidney problems or gastrointestinal diseases like colitis.
- Antibiotics can cause diarrhea, which could be a sign of another infection.
- Do not use anti-diarrhea products without first checking with your doctor.
- During pregnancy or while breastfeeding, use Corinef Syp only when clearly necessary.
- Discuss the risks and benefits with your healthcare provider.
While many individuals tolerate Cefixime well, side effects can occur:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Gas or bloating
How does Corinef Syp 100Mg 5Ml 30Ml work against infections?
Corinef Syp contains Cefixime, which disrupts bacterial cell wall formation, causing the bacteria to die.
Can I stop taking the syrup once I feel better?
It's crucial to finish the entire prescribed dose of the antibiotic, even if you feel better, to ensure all bacteria are eliminated.