Protoxil Inf 500mg 1Vialx100ml is an intravenous infusion medication manufactured by Standpharm (Pvt) Ltd. Each vial contains 500mg of the active ingredient Metronidazole, which falls under the category of anti-amoebic drugs. This intravenous formulation is designed for the treatment of various infections, including amoebiasis, caused by certain parasites and bacteria.
Metronidazole is known for its effectiveness in combating infections and is commonly used in hospital settings when oral administration may not be suitable.
Standpharm (Pvt) Ltd
Protoxil Inf 500mg 1Vialx100ml
- Protoxil Inf 500mg 1Vialx100ml is indicated for the treatment of various infections, including amoebiasis and other conditions caused by susceptible microorganisms.
- It is administered intravenously under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
- The dosage and duration of treatment with Protoxil Inf should be determined by a healthcare provider based on the specific infection being treated, the patient's weight, and other individual factors.
- This medication is administered as an intravenous infusion, typically over a prescribed period of time.
- The infusion is performed by a trained healthcare professional in a clinical or hospital setting.
- It is crucial to follow all safety precautions and guidelines provided by the healthcare provider during the administration of Protoxil Inf.
- Patients should inform their healthcare provider of any known allergies, medical conditions, or medications they are taking.
Common Side Effects: Metronidazole may cause side effects, which can include:
- Metallic taste in the mouth
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of side effects. Individuals should consult with their healthcare provider for a comprehensive understanding of potential side effects and their management.
What is Protoxil Inf 500mg 1Vialx100ml used for?
Protoxil Inf is used for the treatment of various infections, including amoebiasis and infections caused by susceptible microorganisms.
How is Protoxil Inf administered?
Protoxil Inf is administered intravenously by a healthcare professional in a clinical or hospital setting.
Are there any dietary restrictions while using Protoxil Inf?
Patients should follow their healthcare provider's instructions regarding dietary restrictions, if any, during treatment.