Haemaccel Inf 500Ml is a renowned intravenous solution with its primary active ingredient being Polygeline. Derived from collagen, Polygeline is used as a plasma volume expander.
Haemaccel Inf 500Ml is administered to quickly restore blood volume in conditions where there's a sudden drop, like in cases of shock or surgical procedures. This helps maintain adequate blood flow to vital organs.
- Administer intravenously under the guidance of a medical professional.
- The dose and rate of infusion depend on the patient's volume status and clinical condition.
- Store at room temperature, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Should be used with caution in patients with heart or kidney problems.
- Monitor for signs of fluid overload, especially in elderly patients.
- Not recommended in cases of known allergic reactions to Polygeline or any component of Haemaccel.
- Use with caution in patients with bleeding disorders.
- Allergic reactions (rare) like skin rashes, itching, or swelling
- Rapid heartbeat
- Increased blood pressure
- Fluid overload leading to edema
- Chills or fever
What is Haemaccel Inf 500Ml used for?
Haemaccel Inf 500Ml is primarily used to restore or maintain blood volume in cases of significant blood loss or surgery.
How does Polygeline work in the body?
Polygeline, the active ingredient in Haemaccel, works as a plasma volume expander, increasing the volume of the blood and ensuring that vital organs receive adequate blood supply.