An artificial version of a particular natural substance produced by your body is called filgrastim. Your body can create more white blood cells with its assistance. You require white blood cells to help you fight off illnesses.
When a person's capacity to produce white blood cells is compromised (for instance, as a result of chemotherapy, persistent neutropenia, or exposure to high radiation doses), filgrastim is administered.
Additionally, it is utilized in several therapeutic treatments (such bone marrow/stem cell transplant).The products filgrastim, tbo-filgrastim, filgrastim-sndz, filgrastim-aafi, and filgrastim-ayow are the subjects of this monograph.
SAMI PHARMACEUTICALS (PVT) LTD
AS SUGGESTED BY DOCTOR
- Before beginning to use filgrastim and each time you receive a refill, read the Patient Information Leaflet and Instructions for Use, if they are available from your chemist.
- Ask your physician or chemist if you have any questions.
- Depending on the filgrastim product you're using, this drug is injected either into a vein or beneath the skin.
- Use as prescribed by your physician, often once per day.
- Your medical condition, weight, lab results, and response to treatment will all factor into the dosage and duration of your treatment.
- Overdose may lead to serious problems. Store it in between 2-80C. Don’t freeze it.
- Keep away from direct sunlight and children.
- Pain in joints
Is it safe to self-administer Neofil Inj at home?
The administration of Neofil should be supervised by a doctor, and they will determine the appropriate dosage and frequency based on your medical condition.
How long should I take Neofil Injection, and can it be used long-term?
The duration of this Injection treatment will depend on your specific medical condition and the course of therapy prescribed by your doctor. It may be used for short-term or long-term management of low white blood cell counts.
Can Neofil Injection be used in children and adults alike?
Filgrastim may be prescribed for both children and adults, depending on the specific medical indications and dosage requirements.