Qosmet Tablet inhibits the enzymes of DPP-4, and it breaks the GLP-1 and GIP incretins. It suppress the glucagon release by pancreas cell, and increase insulin secretion. It helps bring the blood glucose level to normal.
Wilshire Laboratories (Pvt) Ltd
Sitagliptin 50mg, Metformin 500mg
1 tablet x1 with breakfast
- Qosmet Tablet should not be taken by people who are allergic to metformin, or other sulfonylureas. It should also not be taken by people who have kidney or liver problems.
- The dosage of Qosmet Tablet will vary depending on the individual's needs. The usual starting dose is one tablet once a day with breakfast. The dose may be increased gradually every 1-2 weeks until the desired blood sugar control is achieved. The maximum recommended dose is two tablets twice a day.
- Qosmet Tablet should be stored at room temperature in a cool, dry place. It should be kept out of the reach of children and pets. The expiration date is printed on the bottle. Do not use the medication after the expiration date.
Qosmet Tablet Uses
- Qosmet Tablet is a medication that combines sitagliptin and metformin.
- Metformin is a biguanide that diminishes the liver's production of glucose and enhances the cells' utilization of glucose for energy.
- This medication is specifically prescribed for managing type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults.
- It is not intended for treating type 1 diabetes mellitus or diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Qosmet Tablet contributes to improved insulin utilization within the body.
- By effectively utilizing insulin, it helps regulate blood sugar level.
- The medication aids in lowering elevated blood sugar levels and mitigating the potential for complications.
- Regular use of Qosmet Tablet can reduce the risk of diabetes-related complications such as heart disease, stroke, and kidney problems.
- Hypoglycemia: This is a condition in which the blood sugar level drops too low. Symptoms of hypoglycemia include shakiness, sweating, hunger, and confusion.
- Weight gain: Qosmet Tablet can cause weight gain in some people.
- Gastrointestinal upset: This can include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Headache: This is a common side effect of glyburide.
- Skin reactions: These can include rash, itching, and hives.
- Lactic acidosis: This is a rare but serious side effect of metformin. Symptoms of lactic acidosis include shortness of breath, muscle pain, and confusion.
- Kidney problems: Qosmet Tablet can worsen kidney problems in people who already have kidney disease.
- Liver problems: Qosmet Tablet can rarely cause liver problems.
If you experience any of these side effects, talk to your doctor.
Some of the medications that can interact with Qosmet Tablet include:
- Warfarin: Qosmet Tablet can increase the effects of warfarin, which can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Digoxin: Qosmet Tablet can increase the levels of digoxin in the blood, which can lead to toxicity.
- Cimetidine: Cimetidine can decrease the absorption of metformin, which can reduce the effectiveness of Qosmet Tablet.
- Sulfonylureas: Other sulfonylurea medications, such as glipizide and glimepiride, can increase the risk of hypoglycemia.
- Beta-blockers: Beta-blockers, such as propranolol and metoprolol, can mask the symptoms of hypoglycemia.
- Thiazolidinediones: Thiazolidinediones, such as rosiglitazone and pioglitazone, can increase the risk of fluid retention and heart failure.
- Acarbose: Acarbose can slow down the absorption of metformin, which can reduce the effectiveness of Qosmet Tablet.
- Pentamidine: Pentamidine can increase the risk of lactic acidosis.
How long does it take for Qosmet Tab to start working?
Qosmet Tab typically begins to show effects within a few hours of consumption. However, the full effectiveness of the medication might take several days to become evident.
How long should I take Qosmet Tab?
The duration of Qosmet Tab usage varies based on individual needs. It's crucial to consult your doctor to determine the appropriate treatment duration for your specific condition.
What precautions should I take while using Qosmet Tab?
While using Qosmet Tab, consider the following precautions:
- Inform your doctor about all medications you're taking, including over-the-counter drugs and herbal supplements.
- Consult your doctor if you're pregnant or breastfeeding before using Qosmet Tab.
- Seek medical advice if you have kidney or liver issues before using Qosmet Tab.
- If you have allergies, consult your doctor before starting Qosmet Tab.
- Be cautious while driving or operating machinery, as Qosmet Tab may cause drowsiness.
- If you experience any side effects, discontinue Qosmet Tab and consult your doctor.
How should I store Qosmet Tab?
Store Qosmet Tab at room temperature in a cool, dry place. Keep it away from direct sunlight and moisture.