Tasigna is used to treat a type of blood cancer called Philadelphia chromosome positive chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) in adults and children who are at least 1 year old. Tasigna is usually given after other medications have been tried without success.
Tasigna (nilotinib) is an oral chemotherapy drug manufactured by Novartis. Doctors prescribe the drug to treat a specific type of blood cancer called Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia.Nilotinib is a targeted cancer drug. It is also known as Tasigna. It is a treatment for chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd
nilotinib hydrochloride monohydrate
- You should not use Tasigna if you are allergic to nilotinib.
- To make sure Tasigna is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have ever had any reaction of it.
- Do not use Tasigna if you are pregnant. It could harm the unborn baby. Use effective birth control to prevent pregnancy while you are using this medicine and for at least 14 days after your last dose.
- Always read the label or consult with a doctor for precise dosing instructions.
- muscle cramps or spasms
- nausea and vomiting
- pain or cold feeling in your leg
- trouble walking
- change in the color of the skin on your leg
- chest pain
- edema (fluid retention) and swelling around your heart
- blockages in your heart or arteries, which could cause angina or heart attack
- abnormal heartbeat due to electrolyte imbalance or tumor lysis syndrome, which are other side effects of Tasigna
Q: How long is the treatment for Tasigna?
It's important to take TASIGNA exactly as prescribed for at least 3 years and go for regular blood tests. It's also important to keep up with the dosing schedule that works for you.
Q: Is Tasigna a chemo drug?
Tasigna is an oral targeted drug therapy classified as a tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI). It is not considered a traditional chemotherapy (”chemo”) treatment, but it is used to kill cancer. Targeted drug therapies find and attack specific types of cancer cells and may cause less damage to healthy cells.
Q: What is Tasigna used to treat?
Nilotinib is a targeted cancer drug. It is also known as Tasigna. It is a treatment for chronic myeloid leukemia (CML).